Are you looking to make a difference in the Chicago housing community?
We are currently searching for a Property Manager for a Community Organization based in the heart of the south side of Chicago. This is a fulltime, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: South Chicago, IL
DELIVERY: Fulltime, permanent; Onsite
POSITION TITLE: Property Manager
ANNUAL SALARY: $55,000+/annual, benefits available
Is This Your Dream Job? Reporting to the Executive Director, the Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of all Senior and Multi-Family Apartments and for effectively computing, classifying and recording numerical data to keep financial records complete while leasing, marketing and monitoring all aspects of the organization’s Portfolio. In addition, the Property Manager has the sole responsibility of obtaining primary data for use in maintaining property records.
The position oversees the Maintenance Supervisor and Office Clerks to identify performance goals and to establish systems to monitor performance against those goals.
How You Will Spend Your Day
Audit Compliance and Data Management (40%)
- Subject Matter Expert of and adhering to all Federal, State and Local fair housing laws.
- Coordinate team efforts to pass all city inspections and compliance audits.
- Assure housing partners reports are timely and record, store and analyze all data.
- Assure properties are in compliance with housing partner’s policies and regulations at all times.
- Assures all resident files are orderly and supporting documents regarding income is filed accurately.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends.
- Remains current on and compliant with policies and laws affecting the marketing and leasing of the property, including the Company’s leasing agreement, Landlord Tenant code, Fair Housing laws, and other applicable laws
Leasing/Marketing and Resident Retention (40%)
- Manage strategies for current properties and develop strategies that ensure current long-term residents and newly arriving families maintain access to affordable housing in South Chicago.
- Manages all stages of application, resident move-in, and leasing process:
- Have prospect complete application and move in fees in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Process lease transactions; gathering applicant’s history and screening approvals.
- Update availability report and process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, drug test, etc.) Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Secure new residents’ signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in.
- Leads lease orientations and signings, and submit relevant documentation
- Keeps properties occupied with qualified tenants through lead follow up, and property showings
- Develops and maintains resident relations through maintenance calls and communication requests.
- Develop and implement programs to monitor increased tenant satisfaction and tenant retention.
- Responsible for keeping daily records on lease renewals and terminations.
- Monitor lease renewals and distribute/ follow-up on renewal notices.
- Coordinates with maintenance to quickly turn around vacant spaces.
- Develop and implement resident services programming in collaboration with Social Services.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all site-specific documentation including but not limited to property information book, site operating manual and emergency operations manual.
- In partnership with Human Resources, hires, terminates trains, motivates and supervises all onsite staff including new employee orientation, annual performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Conducts on-going training with office staff, i.e. paperwork, workplace safety.
- Ensures all legal documents are received, current, accurately verified and forwarded to Accounting.
- Maintains building security measures, ensuring proper incident documentation and notification to management, owners, and insurance carriers.
- Coordinates and attend, Resident Meetings, Property Management Meetings.
- Oversees property’s answering service, ensuring expected customer service.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor in developing systems for documenting and tracking current and ongoing maintenance expenditures with cost savings programs and goals.
- Responds and resolves tenant complaints.
- Reviews work orders and assure quality of work, maintenance and repairs are scheduled timely.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in property management
- Proficiency in MS Office and property management software required
- Leasing Agent license required
- IL Broker’s license- Willing to help advance to managing broker license
- Must have exceptional leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be willing to work and able to respond to emergency calls after hours overtime as needed
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a current resume to email@example.com with “Property Manager” in the subject line.