Are you looking for a part time role with flexible hours?
Do you know how to speak Spanish?
We are currently in search of a Receptionist for a Community Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Blue Line)
POSITION TITLE: Receptionist
DURATION: Temporary to Permanent
SCHEDULE: 20 – 25 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $14.00 – $15.00
PERMANENT PAY: $15.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Receptionist works closely with the Administrative Assistant and is responsible for answering all incoming calls, greeting visitors/clients on arrival, performing clerical work, and directing inquiries about the organization and its services to the appropriate parties. This is an in-person role, where strict COVID-19 guidelines are enforced. This role is looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of administrative experience required
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) required
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Excellent customer services skills with strong communication
- Proficient with Zoom/Skype required
- Able to work in-office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Receive and direct visitors either on the phones or in person in a professional and courteous manner relaying appropriate information.
- Work closely with the Secretary II to coordinate day to day and special projects.
- Assist in the coordination and logistical set-up for various meetings.
- Type all assigned letters and correspondence and route all incoming mail.
- Mail, messenger, federal express all correspondence and other items as requested.
- Operate office machines such as copier, fax and postage machine.
- Carry-out filing needs for various departments as required.
- Perform data entry as directed.
- Perform other clerical tasks as assigned.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.