Do you have 2+ years of administrative program support experience?
We are currently in search of a Research Assistant for a Health Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Arlington, VA, but will primarily be remote. This is a part-time, temporary assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
POSITION TITLE: Research Assistant
DURATION: Temporary (~3 months)
SCHEDULE: 32 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $18.00 – $20.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Research Assist will provide Administrative support to the Vice President of Science and Research, during a parental leave absence. This is a great opportunity for someone with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Policy, who is looking for an opportunity to build on their program support experience. This role will be primarily remote, with only a few days required on-site.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Public Health or Public Policy experience preferred
- 2-3 years of nonprofit administrative experience required
- Prior experience in health/medical research a plus
- Highly proficient with MS Office Word, Excel and Teams required
- Social media experience a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Assist in scheduling meetings amongst members of the Science/Research Team
- Providing administrative support to the VP of Science and Research
- Facilitating weekly virtual programs/events; sending Zoom links and confirmations to participants
- Managing the day-to-day calendar of the VP
- Serving as a liaison between program leadership to facilitate projects and program deliverables
- Conducting research on program topics and effectiveness, making updates as needed
- Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Research Assistant” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.