Do you have a background researching and managing grants?
Are you located in Chicago and looking for a remote role?
We are currently in search of a Research Grants Manager for an Association. This is a remote position based in Chicago, IL. This is a part-time, temporary, on-going assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL (Remote)
POSITION TITLE: Research Grants Manager
DURATION: Temporary, 3+ Months
SCHEDULE: 20 – 25 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $19.00 – $20.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Research Grants Manager works closely with the Director of Research Grants to oversee and manage the organizations research grant processes, develop and maintain procedures, develop and maintain external and internal relationships with stakeholders, prepare general research correspondence, prepare research summaries and analyses, and maintain research contacts in Salesforce. This is a remote role, based in Chicago – looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years’ experience nonprofit research grant-making
- Bachelor’s Degree required; scientific field (biology, general science, earth sciences) preferred
- Prior experience in MS Office Suite (Word and Excel), Salesforce, ProposalCENTRAL
- Working knowledge of grant processes and literature search engines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate a positive outlook, enthusiasm, and be self-motivated
- Intermediate to advanced project management skills required
- Ability to communicate and interact well with socially, culturally, and professionally diverse groups and individuals
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Independently manage organizational research grant-making procedures in accordance with established policies and business rules, provide recommendations and support in identifying programmatic efficiencies, and ensure the integrity of grant-making policies
- Prepare pre- award documents and, in collaboration with organizations Marketing and Communications team, prepare relevant research material in various formats for website, distribution to constituents via Mailchimp, various social media outlets and other relevant websites
- Work closely with Director of Research Grants on research grant budget management and planning
- Manage the grant application processes, grant inquiries, the collection and reporting of application metrics, and general research correspondence
- Serve as a liaison to scientific experts engaged in our research grant application process, reviewing materials and speaking at events
- Serve as a liaison between past and present supported researchers and the organization
- Actively participate in Mission team programmatic activities, translating the value and impact of organization research funding to our constituency and staff
- Prepare notification letters for grantees
- Maintain and update historical grant databases, relevant files, grant applications, FAQ and scoring materials
- Create, maintain and disseminate a research Standard Operating Procedures handbook for the department and stakeholders
- Collect and maintain research-relevant contacts in Salesforce and other databases
- Provide research program data, summaries, analyses, trends, and other relevant materials for interdepartmental and stakeholder communications
- Prepare and monitor internal small project budgets
- Other duties and responsibilities to support the research program, as needed
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.