Are you passionate about serving the homeless population of DC?
Do you have the flexibility to begin a new role immediately?
We are currently in search of a Resident Assistant for a Human Services Organization. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a temporary assignment with full time or part time schedules available.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Human Services Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Resident Assistant
SCHEDULE: 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am shifts (Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat)
HOURLY PAY: $16.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Resident Assistant works directly with a population of women experiencing chronic homelessness. This position provides coverage while staff members quarantine due to COVID-19 exposure. Shifts vary from week to week, requiring anywhere from 24-40 hours/week. This is a preliminary posting to gather interested individuals as openings need to be filled rapidly.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of experience directly serving vulnerable populations required
- Familiarity with populations experiencing homelessness and/or mental illness required
- Experience in residential facility preferred
- Has a warm, compassionate demeanor and serves with care
- Crisis management skills required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Develop rapport with each resident through routine contact and communication
- Ensuring residents complete their daily tasks and follow program rules
- Provide administrative assistance to residents
- Conduct regular room checks for cleanliness and rule compliance
- Respond to residents’ immediate needs and help resolve conflicts
- Communicate with staff for general office needs
- Immediately report serious incidents and respond appropriately to other resident needs
- Participate in all-staff meetings and trainings as required
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resident Assistant” in the subject line.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.