Do you have a passion for serving children and families?
Are you looking for an overnight opportunity?
We are currently in search of a Resident Services Manager for a Residential Facility. The position is based in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Residential Facility
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD
POSITION TITLE: Resident Services Manager
SCHEDULE: Wed, Thurs and Fri 7pm – 7:30am
SALARY RANGE: $47,300 – $49,500 + benefits
Is This Your Dream Job? The Resident Services Manager is responsible for managing the activities of the facility in the overnight hours. This person serves as the first point of contact for families staying overnight (checking them in, answering questions and any potential problems). This is not a clinical position and does not require healthcare experience/knowledge. We are looking for someone who is passionate about serving others in need with excellent customer service skills. This role works 12.5 hours, 3 days/week and is salaried with great benefits.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience working in human services required
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Prior experience working in a residential facility a plus
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have a history of strong tenure (unless a recent graduate)
- Must be comfortable getting vaccinated again COVID-19 (if not already)
- Must have a driver’s license, clean driving record and be willing to be trained in operating facility vehicle (limited use)
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Promote a home-like environment of support and understanding for residents
- Prepare and organize the welcome desk and front desk areas nightly
- Admit families per admission procedures; make and adjust room assignments to ensure effective operation of the facility
- Generate new family welcome letters, administer background check process and prepare check-in packets for arriving residents
- Set up breakfast for families each morning
- Maintain accuracy of all records and databases related to resident occupancy and demographics
- Process referrals for first visit families and reservations for returning families
- Become familiar with all facility rules, policies and services as they relate to the families residing on site and ensure proper enforcement of those rules
- Act in a proactive manner to identify special family situations and take appropriate actions to promote resolution of conflicts
- Write and file incident reports as needed
- Inform the Resident Services Operations Manager when situations cannot be reasonably resolved
- Follow the Crisis Action Plan procedure and implement any necessary safety/security measures for staff/residents as needed
- Participate in organizing and implementing emergency drills as needed
- Share holiday coverage with other Resident Service Managers
- Operate the facility vehicle on an as-needed basis
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings as required
- Complete special projects as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Resident Services” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.