Do you have prior experience working with Chapters in an Association at Senior Level Administrative?
Are you looking for a long term, Senior Associate/Administrative role?
We are currently in search of a Nonprofit Senior Associate/Administrative Role for a Community based Association. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time temporary assignment remote based.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Community Association
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Senior Associate/Administrative Position
DURATION: Temporary, 6+ Months
SCHEUDLE: Full Time (35 hours/week) Remote
HOURLY PAY: $19.00 – $20.00/hour
- Is This Your Dream Job? This Senior Associate/Administrative role reports to the Leadership Director. Serves as primary staff liaison to chapters and their officers, communicating the interests of chapters to staff and other member and leadership groups.
- Offer assistance as needed relative to all operations of the chapters including: bylaws, budgets, elections, conferences, program development plans, newsletters and other communication tools, tax questions, and officer development.
- Maintain electronic communications with the CPC; update chapters via electronic communications with news and developments from APA National.
- Update all data for chapter, section and student officers; ensuring a process is in place for all necessary changes to occur.
- Coordination and distribution of the newsletter editors mailing for chapters, sections and divisions.
- Maintenance of archival information and reference files for chapters.
- Staff various CPC committees and task forces as needed including: coordinating conference calls; ensuring project schedules are met; developing and mailing materials and correspondence; coordinating communication between committees and other members of leadership.
- Development of orientation materials.
- Monitoring publications and follow up as needed, either internally or externally with anticipated deadlines, problems or exemplary activities.
- Routinely track chapter leadership information to be updated on the web.
- Answer routine member inquiries regarding chapters.
- Provide monthly membership rosters and mailing labels for chapters, including specially requested rosters.
- Coordinate with other staff on APA/component annual elections.
- Coordinate with other staff with the APA and component awards programs.
- Coordination of meetings with the CPC Executive Committee, as well as meetings of the CPC.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Undergraduate degree required. A minimum of 5 years of work experience that can be demonstrated to be applicable to this job description is required
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a customer service orientation necessary
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously required
- Ability to work with a variety of groups, i.e., APA Board of Directors and committees, AICP Commission, APA Directors and senior staff required
- Association experience preferred
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required. Experience using association management software desired.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.