Are you passionate about helping those in greatest need during the pandemic access the resources they need? Do you want to play a key role in employee relations, DEI and implementing systems and processes for a growing organization full of passionate and caring staff?
We are currently in search of a Senior Human Resources Manager for a Nonprofit Social Services/Social Justice Organization assisting populations most impacted by the pandemic. The position is based in San Mateo County, CA. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit Social Services/Social Justice
LOCATION: San Mateo County, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Human Resources Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: $80,000-$115,000+/annual plus Excellent Benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, an Employee and Employer Matched 401 (K) Savings Plan, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Student Debt Repayment, 3 Weeks of PTO which increases over time and 13 Paid Holidays and Discounts to Nationwide Travel and Entertainment Benefits. A collaborative and caring staff diverse in backgrounds, work styles and life experiences passionate about the same mission.
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Human Resources Manager reports to the VP of Human Resources and will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources department including employee relations, general department administration (benefits, leaves, compliance, etc.), HRIS system administration, internal communications, and HR oversite of the agency intern program and project management in implementing new HR initiatives in partnership with department leadership including ongoing incorporation of diversity, equity, and inclusion into human resources policies and procedures. This individual will also supervise an HR Generalist, a Talent Associate and a Talent Business Partner. The organization is seeking someone with strong human resources knowledge who is approachable, empathetic to staff working in direct services, and is excited to work with a growing organization and staff that is passionate and caring.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-7+ years of human resource management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred, SHRM or PHR certification a huge plus
- Background/knowledge in HRIS systems, HR policies and procedures, employee relations, employment laws and regulations, benefits and talent acquisition
- Excellent technical skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite, as well as experience or ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems (Paycom a plus)
- Experience and/or interest in being the point person for Employee Relations, with strong negotiation, conflict resolution/problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing processes and building infrastructure around HRIS systems and policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable in federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and ensuring compliance
- Knowledge of benefits administration (group medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, flex plan, and 403(b) retirement plans)
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- An understanding of ideas and practices that promote diversity, equity and inclusion; and a commitment to ongoing professional development in this area
- Background working in a social services/direct service organization a huge plus
- Bilingual Spanish speaking a plus
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Partners with the VP of HR to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, employee satisfaction, and succession planning
- Supervises, oversees daily work flow and provides support and guidance to HR generalists and talent acquisition team (team of 3), keeping staff engaged and growing
- Oversees Employee Relations in terms of keeping employees engaged as well as employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
- Point of contact for staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise
- Focuses on initiatives to integrate and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion into employee relations, onboarding, recruiting and other areas of the organization etc.
- Oversees the agency HRIS system and improvements over time, ensuring the system is optimized to advance the goals of the department and agency
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Partners with business units to assess, determine and fill human capital needs and confers with senior leadership to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies, and recruitment strategies
- Oversees an engaging and effective full cycle onboarding process for all new staff
- Works with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria
- Develops strategies to procure a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need; researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Human Resources Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.