Do you have 3+ years of programming experience within public health?
We are currently in search of a Senior Program Associate, Child Health and Nutrition for an International Health Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington DC (but will begin remotely). This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Health Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (begins remotely)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Program Associate, Child Health and Nutrition
SALARY: $58,000 – $62,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Program Associate will be responsible for leading the Director’s portfolio on child health and nutrition, ensuring the organization meets its strategic plan and grant-funded objectives in this area. The Senior Program Associate will contribute to planning, strategy, and reporting on child health and nutrition while also working closely with the Development Team to provide evidence of program impact. This person will also coordinate the advocacy of partners, represent the organization in key coalitions and collaborate with other team members.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-6 years of experience in public health required, experience with child health and nutrition a plus
- Experience in international advocacy and policy a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Detail oriented and able to deliver on ambitious goals and strategy
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively across cultures, time zones and work styles
- Ability to travel internationally if needed
- Fluency in another language (especially French or Japanese) a plus
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Drive the planning, coordination, and implementation of the child health and nutrition portfolio under the direction of the Secretariat Director
- Coordinate partner engagement with governments, multilaterals, global forums and donors under the portfolio and monitor progress
- Provide customized support to partners engaging in advocacy campaigns
- Manage portfolio meetings and calls, including scheduling across multiple teams and organizations, development agendas and recording and disseminating notes and follow-up items
- Develop and maintain high-level relationships with communities, boards, working groups and steering external-facing events and meetings
- Lead and manage the production of policy briefs, advocacy materials, grant reports and messaging for partnerships
- Lead the collection of monitoring, evaluation and learning data from team members and partners for the purpose of reporting to donors
- Lead communications to share and showcase the work of this portfolio on social media and presentations
- Lead process supporting engagement of committees and boards of other international advocacy partnerships
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Child Health/Nutrition” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.