Do you have 3+ years of programming experience within public health?
We are currently in search of a Senior Program Associate, Global Health for an International Health Advocacy Organization. The position is based in Washington DC (but will begin remotely). This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: International Health Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Washington, DC (begins remotely)
POSITION TITLE: Senior Program Associate, Global Health
SALARY: $58,000 – $62,000
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Program Associate will be responsible for supporting partnership advocacy, policy research and policy analysis on all relevant global health programs within the organization. This role will work closest on World Bank and COVID-19 related programs, while also touching on health systems and financing, Maternal, Newborn Child Health and primary health care. This person will help the organization achieve partnership strategic goals, work planning, grant reporting and donor engagement related to the issues areas in this portfolio.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3-6 years of experience in international public health required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Detail oriented and able to deliver on ambitious goals and strategy
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to work effectively across cultures, time zones and work styles
- Ability to travel internationally if needed
- Fluency in another language (especially French or Japanese) a plus
- High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Coordinate and develop partner advocacy under relevant issues
- Coordinate relationships with World Bank and MDBs, track resources and measure accountability across issues to support advocacy strategies that increase the World Bank’s leadership
- Drive the planning, coordination and implementation of logistics supporting the World Bank Advocacy Week and annual World Bank meetings
- Coordinate and facilitate partnership-wide strategy and engagement on Global Financing Facility, including the development of position papers, policy briefs, analysis and accountability tools
- Lead integration of COVID-19 work across all portfolios to help achieve partnership and grant objectives
- Coordinate COVAX resource mobilization work
- Facilitate calls and meetings for collaborative work and strategic planning on COVID-19 across partnerships
- Facilitate sharing, capture learning, enhance MLE and support integration of all work streams
- Support internal and external communications materials including talking points, briefing materials, social media, thought leadership, research reports and fact sheets
- Facilitate ongoing report process for partner work
- Coordinate with the grants and development teams on grant compliance and donor engagement
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Global Health” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.