Are you a dedicated individual with a passion for advancing an organization’s mission through public policy? Do you pride yourself on your ability to create strong partnerships and relations within the field and Washington, DC region?
We are currently in search of a Senior Vice President, Public Policy for a Health Foundation. The position is based in Washington, DC. This is a permanent, direct-hire assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Foundation
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Senior Vice President, Public Policy
DURATION: Permanent, Direct-Hire
ANNUAL SALARY: $170-200 k/annual
Is This Your Dream Job? The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Public Policy will provide strategic leadership to, and manage its, Washington, DC Public Policy Office. The SVP will have primary focus on cultivating allies and advocates for the organizations public policy priorities, while sustaining a coherent policy agenda across multiple areas of influence. This is a key position on the executive leadership team and will be expected to work out of the Washington, DC public policy office once past the current pandemic environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in building collaborations and working with federal, state and local government agencies as well as public policy arms of non-profit and for-profit organizations in the suicide prevention and mental healthcare space.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of experience in public policy development/analysis, government relations, and advocacy
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy, Government Relations, or Political Science preferred
- Must have broad network of professional relationships in Washington, DC
- Proven ability to formulate policy ideas into legislative or regulatory measures
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with an array of stakeholders and third parties
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to recruit, manage and mentor public policy staff and volunteers
- Experience with print, broadcast and social media
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Lead and direct policy analysis and formulation in long and short term national and state public policy in conjunction with the Public Policy Council and CEO
- Represent the viewpoints of the organization on public policy to the White House, Congress, Governors, relevant federal and state agencies, chapter organizations, grassroots advocates, print, broadcast and social media and other stakeholders
- Represent the organization to relevant national and state coalitions, while identifying and recruiting other national organizations at all levels to adopt suicide prevention and access to mental health services as part of their policy focus
- Direct and manage opportunities for the organization to collaborate with organizations inside and outside of government that further the overall goals and objectives above and beyond the public policy realm
- Advance the organization’s Federal and State policy goals and objectives through engagement of chapters and the development of volunteer field advocates
- Oversee annual Advocacy Forum in Washington DC and State Capitol Days in conjunction with the organization’s chapters
- Lead and manage the operation of the DC Public Policy Office, including supervision of professional staff and create, direct and manage office budget and operations
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.