Are you a people person experienced in volunteer management/coordinating logistics? Are you excited by the idea of motivating, appreciating and plugging in volunteers to make a difference in the lives of LGBTQ seniors?
We are currently in search of a Volunteer Engagement Coordinator for a Social Services Organization. The position is based in San Francisco, CA. This is a Permanent, Full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
DURATION: Permanent position
SALARY: $50-55K, with full benefits package including health, dental, generous PTO, 401(k) and a collaborative and supportive work environment
Is This Your Dream Job? The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is the liaison between volunteers, staff and community partners, responsible for recruiting, tracking, recognizing, retaining, training and motivating volunteers to help support various programs serving LGBTQ seniors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2-3+ years of experience in volunteer coordination or other client/customer-service focused role
- Passion for and experience with (work or personal) older LGBTQ adults preferred. Must be comfortable forming relationships and following up by phone as primary method of communication with this population
- Experience (work or personal) with communities who have unique service needs (mentally ill, those with disabilities, seniors) preferred
- Attuned to what motivates volunteers to give their skills, talents, and valuable time, and ability to be creative In engaging and recruiting volunteers
- Very organized with strong project management skills to track volunteer data, recruitment and follow up, as well as related volunteer coordination and event planning
- Self-starter and avid learner who takes initiative to anticipate opportunities and challenges and who has a problem-solver mindset
- Outgoing with strong interpersonal skills and exemplifies cultural humility when delivering and receiving constructive feedback by supervisor, colleagues and constituents
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook and proactive in learning new online platforms to follow-up and maintain volunteer tracking
- Committed to diversity and inclusion and able to recognize and affirm that LGBTQ older adults live at intersections of race, ethnicity, class, culture, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, spirituality, and ability
- Sensitivity to and knowledge of the unique life experiences, challenges, and strengths of LGBTQ community members
- Comfortable with a role that requires a fair amount of working in-person in the office to facilitate in-person volunteer opportunities 1-2 times per week, such as grocery packing and sorting (with strict Covid-19 policies in place)
- Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires sitting, walking, bending and lifting up to 35 pounds
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as a primary volunteer program liaison to staff and to volunteers
- Recruit, develop and coordinate diverse volunteers with the well-matched skills for each position as needed, including grocery packers and sorters, home delivery volunteers for groceries and meals, facilitators of leading classes or support groups, support volunteers to make calls to those served and post-pandemic large group volunteer events and activities
- Create onboarding and training process for volunteers for various roles
- Ongoing coordination, follow up and relationship building with volunteers, including appreciation and recognition
- Work with Managers of programs to develop and implement creative and effective outreach efforts to identify and recruit diverse volunteers
- Proactively recognize and retain volunteers through ongoing communication and relationship building as well as creative ways to say thank you
- Work with staff and community members on conflicts that may arise in working with volunteers to develop solutions
- Assist with social media engagement with volunteers by identifying and sharing content opportunities across programs
- Attend external volunteer-related events for recruitment, retention, or recognition as needed
- Administer program policies, procedures, information collection, reporting and evaluations
- Data collection and input including support with registrations, evaluations, client inquiry, service utilization and referral tracking, ongoing data collection of activity hours and all other relevant volunteer-led programs
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.