Are you looking for a role that will allow you to diversify your skill set?
Do you have a passion for fundraising?
We are currently in search of a Walk Assistant for a Health Organization. The position is based in Hinsdale, IL. This is a full-time, temporary to permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Health Organization
LOCATION: Hinsdale, IL
POSITION TITLE: Walk Assistant
DURATION: Temporary, 2+ Months
SCHEDULE: 30 hours/week
HOURLY PAY: $15.00 – $17.00
Is This Your Dream Job? The Walk Assistant works closely with the Development team, Marketing team, and HR/Volunteer team to oversee the logistics for this organizations annual fundraising walk. This role is looking for a candidate with strong project management skills, as well as technical/database skills. This is an in-person role, where strict COVID-19 guidelines are enforced. This role is looking to get someone started ASAP!
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year of administrative experience required
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience working with MS Office Suite, Constant Contact and Social Media Platforms
- Highly organized with professional demeanor
- Excellent customer services skills with strong written and oral communication
- Proficient with Zoom/Skype required
- Able to work in-office
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Work in donor/event database to track revenue, update participant records and run reports
- Address general event questions
- Manage general event voicemail and e-mail
- Manage registration process for participants; entering forms, processing forms
- Assist in donation processing
- Work with Manager on cultivation of event committees and team captains
- Coordinate logistics for events (ordering supplies, securing in-kind donations etc.)
- In conjunction with Volunteer Manager, coordinate volunteers needed for events
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Special Events & Annual Giving
- Create and schedule program/participant e-blasts through constant contact using branded template
- Create and schedule social media as directed by Marketing Communications Manager
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.