Are you a strong collaborator?
Are you passionate about investigative reporting?
Do you possess strong graphic design and website coding skills?
We are currently in search of a nonprofit Web and Graphics Editor for a Nonprofit News Organization. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a full-time, permanent position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Nonprofit News Organization
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Web and Graphics Editor
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
Is This Your Dream Job? The Web and Graphics Editor reports to the Vice President of Operations and will manage the presentation and publishing of stories on the organization’s website. This individual will also work closely with the Director of Investigations, Editor, and team of investigative reporters towards conceptualizing, building, and laying out stories. The organizations is seeking a collaborative individual, with excellent design and technical skills, who is passionate about in-depth investigative reporting. The organization has great benefits including health, dental, life, and AD&D insurance; long- and short-term disability along with paid time off.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years graphic design, story illustration, and web editing required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with Drupal or other DMS/design languages
- Experience with front-end platforms (i.e. SASS/SCSS), build tools (i.e. Gulp, Webpack), and frameworks (i.e. React, Vue)
- Experience with back-end programming languages and frameworks (i.e. Python/Django, Node.js)
- Experience with graphic design (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with Google tags and analytics
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Design graphic packages and presentations of major investigations and policy pieces
- Adapt the website to changes in content
- Support civic engagement, marketing, and development teams with design packages
- Work collaboratively across the organization to conceptualize, design, and publish stories.
- Track analytics, measure progress towards goals, and provide regular reports and strategy recommendations.
- Serve as project manager for special story project.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.