Do you have 1-2 years of residential services experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of a Youth Care Worker for a Social Services Organization.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services Organization
LOCATIONS: Lisle, IL – Naperville, IL – Downers Grove, IL
POSITION TITLE: Youth Care Worker
HOURS: Full-time, Sunday to Thursday or Tuesday to Saturday
HOURLY PAY: $12.00 – $13.00/hour
Is This Your Dream Job? The Youth Care Worker will report directly to the Program Supervisor. The role will support the organization as a part of their Youth Care Workers team by providing life skills, counseling and rapport building to the residents. This is a great opportunity for someone who is currently unemployed and looking to start a new position ASAP.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High School Diploma, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, or related degree, preferred
- 1 + years’ experience in a residential, or like facility
- At least 21 years of age
- Must be reliable, tolerant, patient and exercise good judgment as well as the ability to motivate, develop trust and maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word and other relevant software, required
- Ability to act quickly and effectively in an emergency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable, team player with a passion for mission-driven work
How you will spend your day:
- Closely monitoring and supervising residents
- Enforce and maintain consistency concerning policies, rules and licensing standards
- Work cooperatively with other staff in planning and supervision of recreational and leisure activities within the home and community, assisting in planning and carrying out of therapeutic activities for assigned residents
- Make frequent decisions regarding residents’ activities and behaviors: know the whereabouts of residents and coordinate the coming and going of each individual resident, maintain directions for the use of all medications, alert supervisor to any need for medical attention and/or unusual incident
- Teach and assist residents in life skill activities
- Perform required record keeping for daily logs and resident files: process intake and discharges, and complete data entry as required
- Actively participate in supervision, team and department meetings as required
- Maintain job-specific core competencies
- Actively participate in other duties as assigned to accomplish the mission of the program and agency
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to Ashley Viscardi at email@example.com with “Youth Care Worker” in the subject line, as well as the preferred working location.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.