13 Memorable Moments for 13 Memorable Years
On September 14th, 2006 Careers In Nonprofits was born in downtown, Chicago, Illinois.
This past Saturday, we celebrated our 13th birthday.
A teenager at last!
Here are 13 memorable moments for 13 memorable years in our Careers In Nonprofits history.
1. September 14th, 2006 – “Welcome Home.” Our then team of two people move into a little downtown Chicago office. The mission begins
2. 2008 – The “Great Recession” hits the American economy. This moment in time proves to be our most challenging in company history. But, teaches our most important lesson yet, “How to find resilience”
3. 2009 – Amidst the struggles, our second branch in Washington, D.C. opens to the nonprofit sector
4. 2010 – An all-new way for job-seekers to achieve their dreams… Career Mapping workshops begin
5. 2012 – President and Founder, Nurys Pedersen launches the #ILoveMyJob movement – encouraging job-seekers to say “Yes” – only – to roles that speak to their heart
6. 2015 – A first Best of Staffing win
7. 2016 – ‘A Decade of Service’
8. 2017 – “Go West,” they said. Careers In Nonprofits joins forces with nonprofit sector of California. Our San Francisco branch opens its doors for the first time.
9. 2018 – Careers In Nonprofits is named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Recruitment Firms
10. 2018 – “Make Your Mark” the nonprofit manual for job-seekers is released nationwide
11. 2018 – Over 217 nonprofits served – 2018 becomes Careers In Nonprofits most impactful year yet
12. 2019 – GROWTHtrack webinar launches – Personal Development for Your Professional Progress. A self-care focused webinar assisting candidates with overcoming personal challenges in life and work
13. 2019 – Careers In Nonprofits wins Best of Staffing for the 5th consecutive year, earning Diamond Status recognition from ClearlyRated. An honor reserved for the top staffing firms in the United States