14 Memorable Moments During 14 Meaningful Years
On September 14th, 2006 Careers In Nonprofits was born out of a little office in downtown, Chicago.
Today we celebrate our 14th birthday.
Our golden year!
To remember it all, here are 14 memorable moments in Careers In Nonprofits history.
1. September 14th, 2006 – “Welcome Home.” Founder Nurys Pedersen opens our first doors in the Windy City. The mission begins
2. 2008 – The “Great Recession” strikes the American economy. This most challenging time, teaches our most important lesson yet: “How to find resilience”
3. 2009 – Amidst the struggles, our second branch in Washington, D.C. opens to the nonprofit sector
4. 2010 – An all-new way for job-seekers to achieve their dreams: Career Mapping workshops begin
5. 2012 – President and Founder, Nurys Pedersen launches our now signature #ILoveMyJob🧡 movement
6. 2015 – Our first Best of Staffing win
7. 2016 – Ten years of serving the nonprofit sector
8. 2017 – “Go West,” they said. Careers In Nonprofits joins forces with nonprofit sector of California. Our San Francisco doors open for the very first time
9. 2018 – Careers In Nonprofits is named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Recruitment Firms
10. 2018 – “Make Your Mark“, The Smart Nonprofit Professional’s Guide to Career Mapping for Success—is released nationwide
11. 2018 – Over 217 nonprofits served. 2018 becomes Careers In Nonprofits’ “Year of Impact”
12. 2019 – After 5 consecutive years of Best of Staffing, Careers In Nonprofits earns Diamond Status recognition from ClearlyRated. Reserved for the top agencies in the US
13. 2020 – Careers In Nonprofits launches MyKidzCoach.com, a virtual tutoring service helping nonprofit parents provide educational services to elementary-level children stuck at home
14. 2020 – President & Founder, Nurys Pedersen, begins her first-ever Virtual Career Mapping. A class to help support nonprofit professionals who may be out-of-work, or stuck in neutral during the global pandemic period