19 Benefits Behind Temporary Staffing
To temp or not to temp? That is the question…
Believe it or not, temporary staffing opportunities are stocked with employee advantages. And whether you’re seeking a nonprofit career change, or re-entering the workforce after some time away; you may discover that a few of these 19 temporary staffing benefits can bring you closer to your next career goal.
Provided By: Senior Temporary Recruiter and Nonprofit Staffing Expert | Jamie D Jensen | Washington, DC
1. Temping is an exceptional way to add up-to-date, specific in-demand skills to your nonprofit sector resume
2. 1/3 of temporary employees are offered permanent positions
3. Most temp jobs are filled through staffing firms, not through the company directly
4. Working while temping gives you the time and money to focus on finding your nonprofit dream job
5. Temping can be a great way to build your nonprofit network – you just might land a great reference or referral!
6. Prevents gaps in your resume
7. Can be a great way to re-enter the workforce after a gap and ease your way into a full-time job
8. You can learn a lot about your preferences- work style, culture, perks, commute; and use that to find your dream company/job
9. A candidate brought in for a 3-day admin project can wow a company enough that they hire them for another open position in the company (I’ve seen it!)
10. The vast majority of temp jobs are entry to mid-level
11. The average temp assignment is 3-4 months
12. 75% of temp jobs are 35+ hours/week
13. Temping in a variety of positions can increase your adaptability
14. Offers flexibility for traveling in between assignments
15. Working with a recruiter can offer you inside tips in the job market and your resume
16. Always go above and beyond, you never who’s watching!
17. Staffing firms in the US hire nearly 15 million temporary and contract employees every year
18. You are never stuck in a temp role – if you find a permanent position or feel it’s not a good fit for you – you can always put in your notice
19. Temp roles often start immediately – you don’t have to wait 2-3 weeks to get back to work!
Need temporary nonprofit staff for your organization? Contact us today.