Do you have 2+ years of administrative experience?
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, mission-driven team?
We are currently in search of an Administrative Assistant for an Association. The position is based in Washington DC. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Association
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Mt. Vernon Square)
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
SCHEDULE: 37.5 hours/week
COMPENSATION: $20.00-$23.00/hour ($40k-$45k)
Is This Your Dream Job? This position will provide administrative support to the Government and Industry Affairs department by managing preparation and clearance of outgoing correspondence to the organization’s members and policymakers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of administrative experience required
- Proven ability to work with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational and project management skills required
- Prior experience supporting multiple people at once preferred
- Experience managing committees and providing executive support preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong tenure highly preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Provide administrative support to Government and Industry Affairs department including ordering supplies, reviewing and drafting correspondence, emails and memos, distributing mail, copying and scanning
- Maintain and update member lists
- Process invoices and check requests and send monthly financial reports
- Support the VP of the department with expense reports, travel arrangements, screening calls and scheduling appointments
- Maintain committee lists, distribute letters, meeting notices and other memos
- Draft, proof-read and edit documents for the department
- Draft agendas, minutes, slides and memos for meetings
- Coordinate internal and external meetings including sending invitations, preparing materials and conference rooms
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to email@example.com with “Admin” in the subject line.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit your resume by clicking the “Apply” button located at the bottom of this job description.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Have you heard of GROWTHtrack? Sign up today for this FREE professional development webinar designed for your professional progress at careersinnonprofits.com/growthtrack. Conducted weekly.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.